Minnesota Secretary Of State - College & University Study Abroad Safety
Skip to main content

College & University Study Abroad Safety

Minnesota Statutes 5.41 requires that postsecondary institutions file a report with the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State containing information about the health and safety of study abroad programs in Minnesota’s colleges and universities.

2019 Report: Health and Safety Incidents of Minnesota Students Studying Abroad [PDF]

More detailed information is available on this page from the Office of Higher Education.

You can find information about studying abroad at the website of the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET), a self-regulatory trade group, which licenses and reviews student exchange groups. The CSIET Advisory List is especially helpful if you are interested in studying abroad, as it includes links to many ISEOs.